Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm a grown ass woman

I have a husband, a job, a home, a business, two cars and a dog. But the thing that's suddenly made me feel like an adult is that both my widely-spaced offspring are now in school. Truthfully, it makes me feel old as hell because I have feelings of overwhelmedness on opposite ends of the spectrum.

With Bella going to high school, I'm all "OMG, ONLY FOUR MORE YEARS LEFT!!!"

And with Baby, I'm all "OMG, WE'RE JUST NOW STARTING SCHOOL ALL OVER AGAIN!!!"

I know it all goes so quickly and one day I'll be sitting in my rocking chair wondering where my kids are, where period went and why my boobs are in my lap. I wish I could stop time right where it is. I need Superman to reverse the earth's rotation.

I'm wearing them. I promise.
But they're getting in a bunch.

--Mom

12 comments:

Melissa B. said...

And believe me, those four years go by fast. And the four years after that, too!

Rosemarie said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I just stop and look at my girls and wonder when they grew up. I look for their little chubby baby faces within - it goes by so fast. I am cherishing every moment with my new little guy - I know he's my last.

Mammatalk said...

My panties are in a bunch, too! Thankfully, the boobies aren't in the lap yet.

Jules said...

I found your blog on MBC and I'm a new follower. Why? Because a) you said you crack yourself up and I love that, b)you're freaking out about your kids going to school, and c)I like your background.
~Jules @ www.adbits.blogspot.com

Tots said...

I avoid the bunching of the panties by going commando!

Which reminds me of a joke my buddy loves to tell.

One dude turns to his buddy and says, "Man, when I get home tonight first thing I'm gonna do when I get through the door is rip my Wife's panties off!"

The buddy blinks and says, "Wow, are you two newlyweds?"

The dude says, "No, I put them on by mistake this morning and I have a wedgie you wouldn't believe!"

Dawn said...

My little flower is about to turn 21, naturally I had her in a third world country when I was 8.

Impulsive Addict said...

Love that saying "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it". I use it all the time. But what if someone doesn't wear panties? Ewww.

Roller Coaster said...

I've got my big girl panties on too, but they don't seem to fit too well!

New follower from the blog frog discussion!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Yes, I totally udnerstand. I will help you pay Superman to stop that rotation. My oldest JUST started kindergarten and he's now going into Middle School in the coming fall. WTF? How did that happen????

Leslie said...

Hi! I'm a new follower! I just found you from the "Add followers to your blog" forum on BlogFrog! Hope you'll hop over to see me soon! :)

I love the "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it"! I say that all the time!

Unknown said...

really thank you for this information that you share, it really helps me a lot in creating a good articles in mine. I also would like to suggest to post a new topic such as Funny T-shirts

KC said...

Hi. I really enjoyed my brief visit on your site and I’ll be sure to be back for more.
Can I contact your through your email?

Please email me back.

Thanks!
Kevin
kevincollins1012 gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails