Saturday, August 29, 2009

Something with booze went unconsumed? WTF?

Yesterday, while looking for something other than chicken to pull from the freezer (see yesterday's post about having an ass load of chicken in the freezer), I grabbed a foil-wrapped object that was neatly labeled, "1/2 rum cake."

Half a rum cake? In the freezer? (I know, right?!)

Lemme tell ya, I'm really puzzled by this. When did we even have a rum cake? And who the fuck freezes HALF a rum cake? (Me, obviously.) What I want to know is, why couldn't MacDaddy and I manage to polish off a whole rum cake? What kind of wusses are we? Frankly, it doesn't even sound like us, not to finish a cake of ANY sort. I'm mean, IT'S CAKE. And this was a RUM CAKE! I'm almost embarrassed to talk about having a half a rum cake in the freezer.

I admit though, I'm interested to see how it tastes, because of course I set it out on the counter to defrost. I'm excited to see what flavor it is. And if it's edible! And if it's not edible, could it be...with some added rum to freshen it up?!

The more I think about it...I'm starting to feel a little smug. *I* have half a rum cake! I know what I'm eating after dinner tonight. Ha!

--Mom

6 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

ha, too funny. I must say I have never eaten rum cake.

Bee said...

I would have it with Irish coffee. That way, if it's icky and stale, you'll be too drunk to care. ;o)

~~Mel~~ said...

Too funny...I hope it was yummy!

Mom said...

Update: As it turns out, the cake was delish. I still wonder why we never finished it though. I guess it's just going to be one of those mysteries of the universe.

Trooper Thorn said...

You may have to add some more rum to it to bring it back to life.

Anonymous said...

If you ever usually hope for excellent shoes in town, it is best to choose Hogan
and give it a try. I’m not simply indicating any kind of skyscraping but Hogan scarpe donna
that I’m into infatuation this summer time. I am totally in love with the fabulous sporty shoes like hogan donna
. The house of Hogan scarpe uomo
is known for its casual-chic sneakers for him as well as her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails