Friday, June 26, 2009

5 for Friday...this is my jam

Woohoo! It's Friday again!

The theme for today's "5 for Friday" is....5 songs that make me sing like a rock star when I'm alone in the car.

Really there are hundreds of tunes that make me sing like a rock star, but I had to choose 5, so these are some from the past few days.

5. "You Oughtta Know" by Alanis Morrisette. (The unedited version, of course.) I love the bitter anger that oozes from this song. Such a stress reliever to belt out this one in the car at top volume!

4. "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin. Anyone who *doesn't* want to shout "hey, hey, mama, said the way you move gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove" isn't quite right in my book.

3. "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap" by AC/DC. This is a classic for anyone who's wanted revenge on a troublesome neighbor or hateful co-worker. And just for kicks, it's fun to sing the mis-heard lyrics..."Dirty Deeds and the thunder chief." LOL

2. "And the Cradle Will Rock" by Van Halen. Seriously, have you seen junior's grades? They're appalling! But the guitar riffs are amazing.

1. "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolph. The title says it all, so I let it rock in the car, just as loud as I can. Because you know what I wish? I wish I could be as cool as you.

Now, don't let me be the only dork admitting that I sing like a rock star in my car! What makes YOU jam when no one is looking?!


--Mom

4 comments:

Heather Cherry said...

That "Save Me" song by Evanescence, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, "Tuesday's Gone" by Lynard Skynard, "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars. That's all I can think of at the moment. Oddly enough I've been putting together a post of the "Top Ten Songs I Dance to in My Car When No One is Looking."

Mom said...

Good ones, Heather! "Dancing in the car" is another good list. I'm positive I'm a good singer AND a good dancer in the car.

~~Mel~~ said...

Love all those songs...that Alanis song got my mom through her second divorce...we both loved it at the time!

Mom said...

Mel--It's a great love-gone-bad song, I agree!

Related Posts with Thumbnails